Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The School Year Wraps Up





Today was party day at the school. Today is the last day of school before graduation on Thursday – and so all of the classes had a party. There was music, dancing, clowns, balloon animals, piñatas, presents, rice and chicken, fried chicken, pizza, cake, ice cream, soda…whew. I am exhausted. And the teachers have to do it again this afternoon with the other half of the kids.


Thank goodness I have work to do and cannot participate. Ha ha ha…
Also...the picture above of the kids with sparklers was a kids party we had on Friday. In Costa Rica, it is common to celebrate Christmas with fireworks and the sort! So every night there is some sort of small firework display on the street! We got a lot of kids together and bought sparklers and went to the soccer field. It was a good time for all!

I will be headed to stay with my training family over the holidays! I am so excited to be in the cool, not humid temperature. I am excited to eat good food and hang out with my siblings and all their friends. I don’t exactly know what we will do to celebrate Christmas, but I know I will love it because there I feel at home. First Christmas not in North Carolina here I come…

The first week in January, I was invited to go to the beach with a family in my current community. I am really excited because they are a really fun family – with three kids ages 27, 25, and 24! So it sure to be a lot of fun!

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Kim, I am SO SO SO proud of you. You are doing amazing things for these girls and the community. They are lucky to have you there. Keep your head up these holidays, we are all thinking of you and missing you so much back in the states. and also, if i could find a way to ship you krispy kreme doughnuts, i totally would! haha :)

Emily said...

Merry Christmas Kim!! It was nice hearing your voice the other day, even if we didn't get to talk for very long! I'm so happy that you got a beach invite, how cool. Enjoy the holiday and have fun with your new friends!! Love.