Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy New Years 2009!

A quick description of my new years. It all began a few days before December 31st, when all the women started buying new clothes, dying their hair, and searching for the PERFECT pair of high heels. While I usually do not succumb to such girly materialism... my sisters CONVINCED me to
get blonde highlights! (I had never used more than SUN-IN!) I was scandalized by the "stripes" in my hair, but my sisters said it looked great and everyone else in town....NEVER EVEN NOTICED! hahahahaha.....

When the big night rolled around, we put on our tighest jeans, cutest blouses, and tallest high heels (except me, I´m too tall for high heels in Costa Rica). We straighted our hair and put on extra make-up. (Please note blue eye shadow. Art work of my oldest sister.)



And we WALKED about half a kilometer to our Grandma´s house! We entered into the calf barn (still housing one calf) which had been converted into the PARTY SALON with huge palm leaves and red flowers and christmas lights! We ate grilled pig (which had obviously been killed that same day) and Chicken Rice. We played silly party games until mid-night when we set off homemade fireworks! Then the whole family stood in a cirlce and talked about what they were thankful for - then we prayed as one whole family.





And obviously, to end the night, we drank COFFEE and ate HOMEMADE bread at 1 AM.

Happy New Years 2009!

No comments: