Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Few Afterthoughts...

*thanks for the blog comments! i LOVE them.

*thanks for the mail! my pcbff & i definitly get the most mail - and just so you know...i save it and read it at home where i can REALLY enjoy it for days to come...

*i have a NEW way to communicate - i COPY all emails onto my USB and respond from my home and then at the internet cafe, i just COPY and PASTE! So I have a lot more time here and I feel like I get to better communicate with you guys!

Also to be emotional...

Things that are Hard:
1. I definitely do NOT get the recommended number of hugs to make a happy and healthy
person. And those of you that know me…I’m a hugger. I’m definitely in HUG deprivation.
2. I feel guilty for not understanding people when they talk to me. I want to participate and they want me to participate, but sometimes it’s too much to explain everything to me and to try and figure everything out…
3. Everything is going to change in about a month. So just as we get settled we are going to have to pick up and change everything – it is hard to mentally prepare for another change just as we are settling into a routine here.

Things that are Wonderful:
1. Costa Ricans really do know the meaning of “chill.” There is always time to just sit together and enjoy life. I love just sitting. There is no pressure to be productive because there is no concept of “wasting time.”
2. Costa Ricans really do know the meaning of “generosity.” My family would give you the shirt off their backs if you asked for it. And when they offer you food – they really mean it. In the US, it is polite to turn down food when offered because we don’t want to put people out, HERE – NO! You say yes to the food. ALWAYS!
3. COFFEE. There is no shortage.

No comments: