Sunday, August 12, 2007

Soccer Saturday





I told you there is a lot of soccer here...


So my brother Queso, was in a soccer tournament for his high school...and it is hard to explain how impressive that really is because Costa Rican schools are NOT big on organized competition. So basically high school kids in the area organized their own tournament, invited other schools and even organized their own trophy system... My brother´s high school did not even support him and his friends playing in the tournament, but they LOVE soccer - so they played anyways. AND THEY WERE THE CHAMPIONS! They won the whole tournament and it was really exciting! And he even let me come to the tournament game...and I was so proud. Just like a big sister! (The picture is of his team...and he is the one in the back with the curly hair...that knows how to smile!)


As soon as that championship ended, I met up with some other volunteers and we went to a professional soccer game! We saw the team called SAPRISSA played the team called HEREDIA. No one had any goals until their was 5 minutes left in the second half - and then OUR team - SAPRISSA scored TWO goals and it was awesome to watch the fans go WILD! (The picture shows me and my friends Jenna and Glenn infront of the field.)


I might be a sports fan now...

5 comments:

Morgan Knox said...

this blog makes me so happy:)yay soccer!! p.s.-your smile makes my day!

Mom said...

I agree w/Morgan - It does a Mom's
heart good to see a great smile
on a daughter so far away:)

Mom

Jessica said...

Chapel Hill couldn't turn you into a basketball fan, but Costa Rica can turn you into a soccer fan? I'm just not so sure about your priorities, kid...

Unknown said...

im ready for another post please:)

Kim said...

chapel hill TOTALLY made me basketball fan...are you kidding me. i'm WAITING for march madness. and thatis NOT sarcasm.

and for you maney...ANOTHER post!