Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Laura and All Volunteer Conference



In October, I am sure many more things happened, but the most interesting for me is that I made a new Peace Corps friend. Peace Corps Bolivia got officially evacuated in September and asked that other Peace Corps countries make room for some of the experienced volunteers to finish out their service. In Costa Rica, we got three volunteers. One couple who now live a little closer to me than most other volunteers….and Laura! She has an interesting story and interesting connection to Costa Rica and now she will be a Peace Corps Volunteer here until October 2009. She is an honorary member of our Peace Corps group.

I had the GREAT pleasure of hosting her and “teaching” her all about how to be a volunteer in Costa Rica and mainly it was just really fun having another American here to see my life and laugh at the ridiculousness of life, and to be SUPER hot & sweaty, and see why I love my Costa Rican family SO MUCH!

Also, about one week later, we went to the All Volunteer Conference which, for me, was SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. It was in the mountains and beautiful. The camp grounds had wireless internet and a computer lab, as well as nice places to eat, hang out, and most importantly sleep. J So here are two pictures of me and Laura at All Volunteer Conference, Peace Corps Costa Rica 2008.

No comments: