Monday, September 17, 2007

It´s Official






Our swearing in ceremony was very little in excitement compared to our day to day life, BUT since it was like a graduation of sorts…I thought I would give it a paragraph. The director of Peace Corps spoke, the directors of our official counterparts spoke, two volunteers spoke, and the ambassador spoke. We each got called up to receive a certificate (which was pretty hilarious because they took a picture of each one of us with the ambassador –so we each had to stand their awkwardly in front of everyone waiting on the picture) and then we all swore to protect the country against all enemies foreign and domestic.

My Costa Rican mom and Jenna’s Costa Rican dad came and they got to enjoy a nice reception, but the volunteers were shuffled from picture to picture, to meetings, and to sign random papers, etc. Then it was over. But –I guess it was the official moment that we TRANSFERRED from trainees to volunteers so here are the pictures!
1. The whole group with the US Amabassador - The Excellent Mark Langdale.
2. My Costa Rican mom - Nina
3. Jenna & me - bc we´re hot.
4. No matter where we go Ryan and I will always represent THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA CHAPEL HILL. (we´re making a unc if you can´t tell. )

No comments: