Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tonight




Tonight, I sat at the kitchen table and watched my brother paint for his art class. I laughed as my sister bothered him and as our mom tried to tell him how to paint. It was a typical and hilarious night just hanging out. Unfortunately, I just got more and more sad about having to leave this family.

FAMILY PARTY

It has been a week of “lasts” and it began as we threw a party for our families on Sunday afternoon. We were told it might have been the best party in the course of Peace Corps Costa Rica family party history – complete with chips & bean dip, pizza, cake, BINGO, a slideshow, certificates, door prizes and a homemade piƱata!

I not only invited my family, but I also invited my brother’s neighborhood friends (who have also been like brothers to me). My family and my herd of brothers really enjoyed themselves. The highlight of the party was definitly the slideshow. Each of us turned in pictures of our families and one of our volunteers made a beautiful DVD slideshow (which I have a copy of and I hope you will want to see it one day!). The pictures of my brother and his friends were RIDICULOUS and we pretty much laughed till we cried – they loved it.

The pictures above show my family; then our table at the family party that includes my brother, my sister, their friends, me & Jenna; and then a picture of the AFTER PARTY back at my house!

I know this family will continue to be an encouragement to me for the following two years and I am excited about being able to speak Spanish better and talk to them more and more! For now though, I am sad to be leaving them. It’s hard to say another round of good-byes a short three months after saying good-bye to all of you.

BUT HERE GOES NOTHING…Costa Rica here I come. Again. J

No comments: