Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!






I know that you are all waiting on a HAPPY blog entry, so I will tell you that I had a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I am lucky in that some of the other Peace Corps Volunteers were DETERMINED to have a true thanksgiving meal this year – and they accomplished their goal and I reaped the benefits.


One very determined Volunteer found a HUGE house on the Pacific Coast called JUNGLEHOUSE (www.vrbo.com/55648) which I highly recommend. It only cost $10 a night and the owner graciously picked us up in his van at the bus stop. It was clean and with more appliances than I have seen since I left the United States! We’re talking satellite tv, a toaster and a toaster oven, air conditioners….and it was perfect for us. There were multiple ovens to cook our turkey and pumpkin/apple pies. We made stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and yams. We also had green beans, carrots, corn, salad, and rolls. We ate until our hearts were content…and you should have seen the leftovers!


In addition to the wonderful meal, I had two days in the sunshine and warm ocean water! And now I am like a new person. I am back in my site and determined not to leave until Christmas break. I have started creating a booklet with all my project proposals to show to my school. (It takes longer than you would think in Spanish!) I hope to have my cousin proof-read it tonight and my post-thanksgiving goal is: NO COMPLAINING because I’m the Peace Corps Damn it! (Sorry mom.)


Hope you all really enjoyed your Thanksgivings as well and thanks again for keeping in touch so well!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Suppose Mom will have to forgive the one bit of profanity just to
get an "upbeat" blog from my daughter! Again, I am so happy that you guys had such a wonderful time. Hope there is lots of sunshine in the days ahead!

Love you -

Mom

Rachel said...

yayyyyy!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you got to eat a great meal and we all know how much you love the beach! thinking of you :)