Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It´s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas




Don’t even roll your eyes. Costa Ricans do not celebrate Halloween and they do not celebrate Thanksgiving…so the stores decorate for Christmas in September! Home lights and Christmas trees go up FIRST week in November (or before). My first family put off decorating their house until I could be there to help – the second week in November! So we put up and decorated the tree, we hung icicle lights outside and so did all the neighbors! It’s a beautiful sight in my old neighborhood!

So I came home and thought about how happy I was to decorate for Christmas…and so I went out and bought a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree, silver and pink balls (clearly), white lights, and a silver star and we put it up in my room on Monday night. It’s a pretty beautiful sight. And I started listening to Christmas music before Halloween. I can’t fight the holiday spirit. I love the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Don't worry, I also have been listening to Christmas Music for a couple of weeks now...I LOVE CHRISTMAS! Your tree is too cute, I think I'm gonna follow suit and get a tree for my new apt! :) xoxo