Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Beach: Punta Uva




You all know I love the beach and I would live there if I could. But I hadn’t been to the beach in over SEVEN months. So finally, we went camping at the beach. I don’t really have that much to report except that we brought tents and mattresses (yes, I said mattresses) and literally slept ON THE BEACH with a view of the water. My sister and I faced our tent toward the sunrise so we could see the beautiful sunrise without actually having to wake up. Every 20 minutes or so I would wake up and think “That is so beautiful.” and then I would close my eyes again.


Also, when Costa Ricans camp…they camp right. I suggested we bring sliced bread and peanut butter. We were only going for ONE NIGHT. BUT NO! The first day for lunch we had chicken and rice with potato chips. Then around 3:30, we had coffee and bread with cream cheese in the middle. For dinner we had marinated beef cooked over a fire, salad, and potatoes. For breakfast, we had omelets, tortillas, and bread with butter and jelly. For lunch we had spaghetti and salad. Of course we have coffee and bread AGAIN, and then finally for our last dinner we had sausage and eggs, tortillas, rice and potato chips. We also had watermelon, chocolates, and roasted marshmallows (although, they still think I am crazy when I try to describe s’mores). But other than the s’mores thing, they seriously do camping right. Please enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm I love the beach too. I am glad that you got to go with such a great family! And that is IMPRESSIVE camping.

See you soon,
Love, Mrs. DiBianca