Monday, March 3, 2008

My New House




Mainly my mom has been asking to see pictures, so for those interested, we are about to go on a tour of my new house:

1. The front of the house. Actually this is the side of the house because the “front of the house” is the Family Store, but this is the main door that one would use to directly enter my house. When you enter this front door on a Tuesday night, you will find my brother, two sisters, a cousin, neighborhood friends AND KIM watching Grey’s Anatomy (Season 2) dubbed in Spanish. In the left of picture is the garage and to the right is the family store. The family store faces the main road in Caribe. I like that I live connected to a store…it makes grocery shopping quick, easy, and cheap! They even bought me diet coke!

2. When you enter the front door and look to the right, you look into the Family Store. You can see that it is connected to the house, but enough a part to not feel like everyone in the store is actually in the house. If you walk into the Family Store and turn left, there is my oldest sister's beauty salon. If you keep going straight, you walk out onto the main road in my town.

3. If you walk out of the Family Store, back into the house, this is what you see. On the other side of that couch is the family room (where we watch tv..Grey´s Anatomy, Lost, Ungly Betty...) We spend lots of time together as a family there just hanging out...I love it. The Family Room gets changed around a lot. They clean A LOT in Costa Rica and so about every two weeks, they rearrange all the furniture just to get EVERYTHING completely clean. It´s actually a very good habbit to have where all the houses are SO open!
(My oldest sister asked if we clean as much in the US, and I said NO WAY! I leave for school in the morning and they are cleaning the floor...and when I get back from school at lunch time, they are still cleaning the floor. First they sweep, then they mop, then they use shiny stuff, then they use good smelling stuff, then they dry it....)

4. And to the left of the family room is the kitchen table, but we always just sit at the breakfast bar that separates this part of the room from the kitchen.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Kimberly,

I can see why you like your new home. It looks so nice! And you
are right about the clean floors -
WOW! They look great!

Thanks for the pictures!

Love, Mom