Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Girls Club






To raise money for girls club, we MADE doughnuts. My wonderful amazing cousin, Derlis and my wonderful amazing sister, Gaudy, spent their Sunday afternoon to help me make OVER 100 doughnuts. First we had to make the dough...and you have to kneed it for about...30 minutes. Then you have make the shape of the doughnuts and wait about an hour for them to rise. Then we fried the doughnuts (oh so healthy), slathered them in cream cheese icing made from scratch, and used the ever popular sprinkles. We sold each doughnut for 300 colones (about 75 cents)...and made about 50 dollars profit! The girls worked hard to bring the ingredients and sell 92 doughnuts! And I would have DIED if my cousin and sister hadn't helped me for four hours. I was really honored to have such wonderful help...all to raise money for the CHICAS PODEROSAS. Please refer to the amazing pictures!

No comments: