Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Peace Corps Trainee Visits!





I had the amazing luck to have a Peace Corps trainee visit me and experience that same things I experience. It sounds funny, but very FEW people...if any, will actually understand my Peace Corps experience. Even the other volunteers, right here in Costa Rica, live COMPLETELY different lives. For example, sometimes I talk to other volunteers about how its been raining for three months straight, but in their site, it is beautiful.


Anyways, the point is, it was WONDERFUL to have someone from the United States (and from the south even!) to meet my friends and listen to project ideas and to help out with my English class and to ask questions. I had a wonderful time with Rachel.


Above are the pictures of her trip...the first night my family had a barbecue for Rachel, and Rachel and I taught my friends how to SHAG dance (hahahahahaha), we played cards, and tried to balance our weights on a see-saw, which was totally more fun than you would think! My family did a wonderful job of welcoming her....and it was just a great week-end!

No comments: