Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Una!





In my previous life, I was a babysitter. I loved being a babysitter and in many ways, I think it really helped prepare me for certain aspects of the Peace Corps! Not to mention that the families I babysat for have been amazingly supportive of me and my work in Costa Rica! So first let me THANK a million times over Eric, Sandi and Una; Dave, Stefanie, and Owen; Adam, Jennifer, Lily, Jake, and Sam; and Wendy, Austin, and Zoe. Thank you so much for continuing to support me! I really appreciate it!


Una, Sandi and Eric chose to support us by using Una's birthday party to donate arts and craft supplies to the girls club, Chicas Poderosas! It such a pleasant surprise for me and the girls to receive a huge box full of crayons, markers, colored pencils, beeds, string, stickers, scissors, glue, felt, pipe cleaners, sewing needles, stain glass windows, foam stickers...and really more arts and crafts supplies that I could have ever bought or obtained on my own!


And so, to celebrate their wonderful generosity, the Chicas Podersosas had a birthday party for Una as well, complete with balloons, games, presents, and even CAKE! The girls went wild when they opened the arts and crafts supplies and already began creating projects that we can do with all the new supplies! It was such a wonderful party! Wonderful to see the girls faces light up and wonderful to take the pressure off me. And now the girls have a wonderful new friend named Una who lives in the United States!


Thanks again Eric, Sandy and Una! And to all the families that I babysat for who have supported me in a million ways since I have been here! I really do appreciate your encouragement!

No comments: