Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Alexis and Susie






We are currently on summer vacations for all the public schools in Costa Rica. Their summer vacations are two weeks. I was lucky enough to have two visitors from the United States during this time. One is a friend from high-school and college, Alexis and the other was her mom, Susie! They had planned a trip to travel around Costa Rica and let me know that they would like to get to know REAL Costa Ricans (which I highly recommend). I found a family for them to stay with in my town and they fit right in.


In the mornings, we did a 2 hour Enlgish Art Camp for the girls and in the afternoons we began drawing a map of the world (which is way more complicated that you would ever think!). Alexis and Susie had tons of energy and wanted to do everything possible in the three days they were here and I forgot what the American work ethic is like. I was absolutely exhausted every night and I am not sure how they had so much energy after traveling around Costa Rica for the 10 days prior.


In addition to the mini-camp and the mural painting, we went on a bike ride to the see the Banana and Pineapple plantations, we visiting my cousins house to see all the flor and fauna, they made Limon Merenge Pie and crepe paper flowers with their family, and more! They bonded with the kids and with their family and I know the trip was a success because before they left, they cried.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so cool to see the good work you have done, i bet does ticos love , pleas kip doing that and try it in Manuel Antonio , i now that there they have a lot of community service places