Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DiBianca Wedding Land





Seeing as there has been a huge demand for the blog and I had no idea where to start, I’ll start with my trip to the United States. Although, I had sufficiently brought ally my projects to a temporary close and was ready to travel, going to the United States for 11 days was pretty much a headache. There were about 100 things I wanted to do, see, eat, buy as well as 100 people that I would have loved to have hugged, called, and spent quality time with. Unfourtuneatly in 11 days it was impossible. So I spent a good deal of my time feeling guilty and stressed out. I found myself longing to come back to Costa Rica, not because I was tired of the U.S., but because I couldn’t handle ALL the responsibilities and demands put on me in such a short time. It would be a good personal Peace Corps rule to NOT return to the US in your two years and let the people that REALLY love you, just come to you. (Or if you do go home, don’t tell people, just hang out with your family!)


There was a shinning star, though. The reason I went home was to attend the DiBianca-Ferrin Wedding. And seeing as the (previously) Miss. Amy DiBianca is a pretty important person my life, I may or may not have been committed to various wedding activities. When they begun, I was still pretty stressed out thinking about all the other “responsibilities” I had in the U.S. (with only FOUR more days to complete them all!)…so I made a decision to commit myself to the wedding process. For me that meant, I didn’t answer or make any phone calls that didn’t directly relate to the DiBianca-Ferrin wedding (the only exceptions were my mom & dad). And you know? It totally worked. I super enjoyed my trip to the United States of America, mainly the joining of Mr. & Mrs. Michael Ferrin.


I would like to say that I learned my lesson and will not be returning to the United States until September 2009, BUT some people just can’t wait to get married. For the first time, published on the worldwide web, the DiBianca-Frye Wedding will be attended by this Peace Corps Volunteer, but I’m not telling you when……

2 comments:

Mom said...

FINALLY - It has been so long that I have forgotten my Password:)
Great wedding pictures and USA
commentary -

Your Greatest Fan -

I love you -

Mom

Lauren Quartz said...

WOOT!!!

I'm so sorry that your trip was stressful. I hope there is a way that when you come to celebrate with me and Danny you can be less stressed... please let me know if there is anything I can do to facilitate that!! Because I felt bad that you had so much to do for Amy's wedding when you clearly had other things to take care of. Ok this is more like an email but who reads these comments anyway besides your mom? :)

love you TONS!!!!!!!!

~L