Tuesday, July 31, 2007

FUN DAYS



LAUREN CAME! For those of you who do NOT know, Lauren is my best friend of my life and she worked in Nicaragua for six weeks doing amazing work with farmers, BUT she has another friend in Costa Rica Peace Corps as well...so she came to Costa Rica to visit! She got to come and meet my family and we made chocolate chip cookies! My closest friend here and I are working to PERFECT the recipe as the Costa Rican ingredients are a TAD different, but it was still a wonderful piece of home to have Lauren here and to make cookies! I miss her already! :(


Playa Hermosa! My bff here and I took our first OUT OF SITE night. (Out of site time is basically mental health nights that we are allowed because technically we are not allowed to leave our sites, even on the week-ends!) My friends boyfriend came to visit and he basically treated us like princesses and paid for TWO days of sleeping in hammocks and watching surfers. I might have forgotten I was in the Peace Corps...and I might have gotten a small tan. Sounds amazing and it was, but please do NOT think this is REAL Peace Corps life! :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey kid, you want to save a hammock for me? You know my infatuation with them...

Lauren Quartz said...

KIM! I finally looked at your blog! It is so pretty and pink and i love it! Plus of course i am glad that I am currently a main attraction. Such a beautiful photo of us by the flowers. Glad the beach was fun! Tell your family howdy for me! Hugs. :)

Lauren Quartz said...

ps. sweet. my name posts as lauren quartz. i'm awesome.