Monday, July 9, 2007

My Family





The top picture is my brother, QUESO, after he WON a futbol game and the bottom pciture is my dad, my mom, and my sister Karol when we went to the country and got to go to the pool!

A little bit about the best Costa Rican family ever...
My parents are very honest and direct. That sounds weird, but Costa Ricans are known for being overly polite and not being honest. My parents however tell it like it is...and like me to tell it like it is. Which as most of you know works much better for me than telling white lies. Ha ha ha. So I fit in perfectly with them. My mom cooks for me, cleans my room, and does my laundry...it might be a little like heaven. And my dad talks really slowly so that I can understand him which is wonderful. They both have a GREAT sense of humor and this past weekend, they took me to the mountains of Costa Rica! It was AMAZING.

My 15 year old sister Karol is great! She takes me everywhere and has now become my translator. She understands my broken Spanish and really does translate for me to other people! It is pretty funny actually. She is super sweet and made me a welcome sign and card! She loves arts and crafts...so we are going to get a long SUPER well. She also likes to buy me chocolate, so more or less, I LOVE HER.

Last, but not least, my HILARIOUS 18 year old brother. His name is Marco, but his nickname is QUESO (which for those of you who dont speak spanish...means CHEESE!). He is by far the best soccer player in town and I spend a good amount of free time watching him and his friends play soccer. (It takes me back to high school!) His friends are really nice to me and sometimes they even let me play soccer too...they don´t know that I´m not athletic here. I know that Karli and Joshua would be in heaven with all the soccer that is played here!

I am so happy and I am learning so much. I definitly think I got the best family and the language is coming easier than expected, but I still wish I could communicate with them better! They are wonderful and I just wish I could REALLY know what they are saying and REALLY communicate back with them! I cant wait!

Pura Vida! (Pure Life)

1 comment:

Ms. DiBianca said...

Hi Kim,
No one else leaves comments, and I don't know if this is the appropriate thing to do, BUT I just wanted to say that your family sounds wonderful. I just got caught up on your blog (I'm weeks behind), but I'm so excited for you! I'm sure your Spanish has already improved a million. I love you lots and lots.
love amy
p.s. do you like how I'm posting as Ms. DiBianca? That's because of my fake blog for teaching. haha. :)