Monday, October 8, 2007

The Chicken Story





One morning when I woke up, my mom here smiled at me and said, "We´re going to make chicken soup for lunch.¨" I smiled back and said, "Oh how wonderful!"


The next thing I knew, my grandma was in the backyard chasing chickens. When she caught the right one, she killed it. Yes, my 86 year old grandma killed a chicken. Then my mom de-feathered the chicken and cleaned.


My grandma then cooked it outside over a fire. And, true to their word, we had chicken soup for lunch.


This is my life. Please refer to pictures.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I cannot believe that the conversation at your Grandfather's
91st birthday dinner was about how
your GREAT Grandmothers used to
kill chickens at home before cooking them for a meal. It seems
that you have gone back in time!
What an education!

I love you!

Mom