Friday, October 19, 2007

Three Reasons Why This Has Been A Great Week






1. The Holiday: Monday was a holiday and my brother was in town. So, he took me to a river. And just to be doing something in nature, with someone my own age was like a gift from God. And furthermore, he is really patient with my Spanish and use to foreigners…so life is less frustrating with him.

2. The Soccer Game: My kids at the school were in a play-off game to go to the National Tournament and I got to go and cheer them on! They are really good players and I really enjoy watching them play! Afterwards, we got to take the kids to the pool to celebrate! (I LOVE THE POOL!)

3. The Birthday Party: One of my other kids turned 11 on Thursday. It’s a tradition here to throw eggs at the birthday girl/boy. So…at 4:30, we ALL met in the plaza and threw 25 eggs at the birthday girl. Throwing eggs is a BEAUTIFUL tradition and I plan to bring it back to the United States. Watch out Birthday Girls/Boys.

No comments: